Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Handmade Christmas Part II and a do-over

My dad got a new lathe for his birthday in October, and he's been spending a lot of time learning how to use it. For Christmas, he gave me these beautiful drop spindles and sock darning eggs! There are no words to say how much I completely LOVE THEM.

I gave Grandma the ribwarmer... and it was a little too small, even on her 110 lb frame. So, I'm re-knitting it right now on size 9 needles and I'll also do the I-cord edging larger this time. :)


Aaron models a hat/scarf/mitten set I made for his auntie Em, using Berroco Peruvia in the Raku Glaze colorway.



Purple cabled socks for my SIL. (She loved them!) Size 0 circulars, knit 2-at-a-time with Louet Gems in eggplant. Toe up flap heel is wonderful... now I need to see if I can duplicate it on my next pair.


Socklets for my MIL, in my own pattern. 1x1 rib for the cuff and the top of the instep, doubled fingering weight yarn on size 3 addi turbos.
Happy New Year!



1 comment:

Lara said...

What a cool dad! Those are awesome.

Beautiful knitting too!

The verification word was vastegg. I find that funny with the darning eggs in your post.