Friday, May 8, 2009

Good Advice and More Garden Pictures

Amidst all of the seemingly generic advice I've found in my fortune cookies, I've had a wierd run lately. This one rings particularly true.
A somewhat unwelcome guest. I only allow it because the plant is literally buried behind a fence and among some trees in our yard, and so I'm certian that I would be facing an ugly episode of poison ivy just trying to get rid of it. For that reason, and because poison ivy is one of the showiest and most beautiful of the foliages in the fall, I will put up with its presence for now.
The front yard garden, with dames rocket in bloom, (or is it Sweet William? I always confuse them.) and my herb garden in pots on the porch.
Now that we've been in our house for two summers, things are really starting to take off and become established. I'm still finding new plants left over from the last owners, and our vegetable garden is slowly coming along as well. The million or so inches of rain we've had in the past 3 weeks has certianly helped!




1 comment:

TCIA said...

Hey! I got that exact same fortune cookie in Stillwater, OK last Thursday!!! Is Obama putting these out???